Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Gym Bag Staples

My Gym Bag Goodies
::Deodorant::
Let's start with the obvious, this should be a staple in everyone's gym bag. This should also be a staple in your desk and car. I've forgotten to put deodorant on enough times to realize I should never NOT have it on hand at all times.

::Brush::
For the times I shower at the gym or just need to brush my mane, this little guy has been with me since AT LEAST 2001. True story.  I have a massive amount of hair and this thing gets it done every time.

::Hair Tie::
Ever gotten to the gym only to realize you have no hair tie? Rubber bands are murder on your hair. No for real, it feels like my hair is being murdered when I have to take one out after a sweaty workout.  I also have these in my car. We can talk about what I don't have in my car in a later post.

::Smell Good::
On occasion I've met coworkers for drinks after the gym but before showering. Gross? I suppose. I can guarantee I still smelled better than most of the people I smell on a daily basis. I work in Manhattan, trust me on this.  Happy Hour waits for no workout, hence the deodorant and body spray. Get it now?

::Shower Flops::
My gym bag has a ventilated compartment for sneakers/flops/other smelly items you don't want in close proximity of your intimates. These are from one of the several weddings I've been in. They're very cushy and paired well with my black bridesmaid dress at the time. Now they live in my gym bag for the days I shower there.

::Lifting Gloves::
I feel a little silly when I wear these but they save my hands from gross callus'.  They also help me get a great grip while I'm trying to perfect my pull ups. I got these from TJ Maxx for a whole $7. 

::iPod Nano::
It's old school, with old school music. I don't think I've actually added any new music to it in about 2 and a half years.  I used to distance run a lot more so this thing is loaded with heart pumping musica to keep me going. There is also some terrible music on there and I live in fear I'll forget it one day where it will be found and laughed at. Worth noting, I also love the stop watch/timer feature on these.

::Face Wipes::
I love these. I've used several brands, I don't discriminate but this particular kind, alba, is dual sided.  One side is smooth for removal and the other side is slightly raised for exfoliation. It's gentle enough that it doesn't bother my skin while exfoliating. I wear face make-up daily, so aside from preventing breakouts, removing my makeup before a workout eliminates the embarrassing make-up marks on those pristine white gym towels. I found these at Target.

::Notebook & Pen::
I leave this in my bag for keeping track of my workouts. I don't track every workout, but there are days when I have a great workout and know I'll want to duplicate it in the future, so I write down what I did while it's still fresh in my mind.  It's great for the times I also take a killer class at the gym and know I'll want to try it again on my own.   

::Lock::
Locks are a must to keep your valuables safe and sound. When I say valuables, I mean dirty tupperware containers.  I like this one because it's a code I picked on my own and can easily change if need be. It's very user friendly and it doesn't require me to carry a gym key onto the gym floor. I used to work at a gym (which is where I got this one) and I've had to cut my fair share of locks off of members lockers because they lost the key or forgot the code. This lock eliminates all that fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment