Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Keeping it Clean


Want to give the 10 Day Cleanse a try? Click here

 
This summer is like most summers, very humid and going by way too fast!
I love spending time outside going for walks, drinks, dinner, runs - you name it, I do it outside - weather permitting. 
Before and After - 10 Day Cleanse
While I don't think I have been slacking on my workouts, I am slightly more lenient on my diet.  It comes with the laid back attitude of summer. "What's one more drink?", "It's hot, I need that frozen yogurt!" It's easy to convince myself to enjoy the moment and not worry about the scale.

For the most part, that is how summer should be. It's how life should be, within reason of course.  As someone who has always struggled with her weight, I work on maintaining a balance for the sake of my sanity and waist line.


I'm at a place where I feel more confident about my decisions and lifestyle in terms of general health and fitness.  That said, I decided to reign it in a bit after the July 4th weekend.  I had such an amazing time at the Shore with my family and even got them to workout while we were there.


Boardwalk at Seaside Heights
Upon my return I decided to reach into my Advocare stock (I have a running supply) and try the 10 Day Cleanse. It's actually the first 10 Days of the 24 Day Challenge, but I opted to just do the cleanse this time around.


I started on Monday, July 6th and was done just in time for a bachelorette weekend in Saratoga with my girlfriends.

My diet is pretty clean to begin with so I opted to cut out coffee, added sugars and those sneaky little snacks from our company snack draw.  Beyond that, I ate 5 - 6 times a day. I packed in my fiber, protein and greens while watching my carbohydrate intake in the form of fruits and grains.

I didn't weigh my food, I didn't deprive myself and I never went hungry! It's called a cleanse because you're cleansing your system of crap - not because you're starving yourself skinny.

The results speak volumes. While the number on my scale didn't budge, the above image shows the difference a quick and easy 10 Days can get you. I couldn't be happier (even though my face is way too serious in the last pic)!

Feel free to email me with any questions - aprettyfitlife@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment