Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Advocare 24 Day Challenge


 Last year I decided to switch things up a bit. I was happy with my over all fitness and health but I wanted to see some more changes.  A good friend of mine, who is also a personal trainer, had mentioned Advocare in the past.  At the time, I had dabbled in supplements here and there but never stuck to a routine other than the occasional protein shake.
To see a change, you need to make a change
With summer quickly approaching, I decided to give the Advocare 24 Day Challenge a shot. Nothing risked, nothing gained, right? I also convinced my mom to give it a try with me. The 24 Day Challenge is comprised of 2 parts. The first part is the Cleanse Phase. For the cleanse, you are given ProBiotic Restore capsules and Herbal Cleanse tablets, as well as some Spark. Spark is a yummy energy drink with "...20 vitamins, minerals and nutrients that work synergistically to provide a healthy, balanced and effective source of energy that won't overburden or over stimulate your body."


These products, in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise, help to rid your body of waste and prepare your body to better absorb nutrients.* This isn't the kind of cleanse where you drastically reduce calories or consume only liquids - this is the beginning of a healthier lifestyle!

Other than feeling a little more tired than usual, the first 10 days were a breeze. When you  order the challenge, you're given a nutrition guide that outlines what you should be eating, your water intake and even some recipes that can be found online. Now they even offer a virtual coach!  The recommended food was more or less the same as my existing diet so I didn't have an issue adjusting my eating. My mom had a hard time with how MUCH she was supposed to be eating.  As a teacher she is used to eating when she can, which is about once during the day. She also wasn't used to drinking that much water. She was a trooper though!

The best investment is one you spend on yourself
 The second phase is the Max Phase.  Now that I primed myself for complete nutrient absorption, I was ready to burn some fat!
The Max Phase is about fueling your body in order to achieve maximum results.
During this phase you will take three products that work together to provide you with sustained energy, appetite control, core nutrition and overall wellness.

On days 11 - 24 I had the chocolate meal replacement shake as either my first or second meal of the day. I ended up eating about six times a day, which is more or less how I've continued to eat since trying this challenge.  Other than that, this wasn't really a challenge. I continued with the provided supplements, CorePlex, OmegaPlex, ProBiotic Restore.  All are provided in a pack they call MNS-3, which provided a foundational level of appetite control and energy.


While this doesn't sound like any type of cleanse I've heard of, I certainly wasn't hungry or felt deprived, I did notice I was a little more tired than usual. I allowed my body rest and minimized my workouts to about two to three times a week. My mother didn't exercise more than once a week and that was if she had time.  It seemed a little too easy to me and the scale didn't budge for me at all!
My mom would check in and say, "I'm down 2lb! How did you do?"  To be honest, I started to think I had wasted my money.  Then Day 24 Came...

Day 1 on the left,
Day 24 on the right

It wasn't until I saw the side by side that I noticed the change, most notably in my abdomen and arms!  I remember being at the gym on day 18, catching my arms in the mirror and thinking, "when did I get more definition?"
While my weight stayed the same, I clearly lost inches. I didn't think to take measurements beforehand so I don't know how many total unfortunately.

Day 1 on the left,
Day 24 on the right


My mom's results were even better. She lost 6lbs overall and several inches as well.

Needless to say, she was thrilled with the results.  The 24 Day Challenge was all I needed to become a fan of supplements in addition to healthy eating and exercise. Specifically Advocare supplements.
A year later and I'm quick to share my story with friends, family and acquaintances who ask, "What have you been doing? You look great!" Some of my favorite products are Fruit Punch Spark, Catalyst, 02 Gold and MNS-C




Left is before the 24 Day Challenge,
right is a year after continuing the products
I would absolutely recommend trying this "challenge." It's 24 Days, what do you have to lose?

Read More about my overall 50lb Weight loss

No comments:

Post a Comment