Friday, January 15, 2016

Suspension Exercise :: You vs. Gravity

My favorite piece of gym equipment has got to be the TRX®.  It was developed by a Navy SEAL, who wanted a way to work out without weights or machines while traveling.  The result is a multi-functional suspension strap that lets you hit every major muscle group, while engaging your core the entire time.  It's a little intimidating to look at but once you learn a few moves, you'll be hooked. 
And no I am not a paid spokesperson. I wish!

I have a few favorite moves that I put in my workout rotation and am always on the lookout for new ones. The possibilities are endless on this thing.
I seriously think it's underutilized at most gyms I go to.  When they were first installed at my local gym, people used the anchor bars to do pull ups, completely ignoring the whole point of the set-up.



Here is an easy way to get that back sculpted.  The further my feet are from my body, the closer my butt to the ground, the more intense the workout. It's you vs gravity.



If you have one of these at your gym, check it out. Ask a trainer or another member for some pointers. It's a great way to change up your current routine while improving your functional movement. For more on what this type of training can do for you, check out this article here

To see some more information on the TRX® itself, go here
**They are currently offering 25%off with code TRXBEYOU**

No comments:

Post a Comment