Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Did Somebody Say Brownies?


You know how people are trying the no-sugar diet or the Whole 30? Well I do and I have no desire to try and be a sugarless hero.  I like sugar, I like sweet, I love chocolate and I have no intention of axing those things from my diet. That said, I try and eat healthier versions of sweets.

Brandless Peanut Butter. If you haven't checked out Brandless, go. Go now!
I might love sweets and the like but I also love not feeling sick from over indulging.
Thank goodness Pinterest is with me on this. There are endless amounts of recipes to pick and choose from. I've tried cauliflower cake, black bean brownies & even zucchini oats. Some recipes are better left in the vault.



Brownie batter your mom will let you lick off the spoon.

Not this one. This recipe is easy, quick and satisfyingly delicious without the guilt.
A BIG Thank you to Big Man's World for this tasty treat.

Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. BMW made these into individual bites with a mini muffin pan.
I just used an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper. Either way, grease your pan or paper. You can use Pam baking spray, butter or coconut oil.
There is little fat in these so they'll stick to whatever you bake them in if you don't.
You'll need;

  • 3 Ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 Cup of creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 Cup of cacao powder* I use Navitas.
  • 1 to 2 scoops of Casein powder. I use Optimum


It helps to blend or pre-mash the bananas first, then add the remaining ingredients.
I used a hand mixer to get a smooth batter.  Pour into pan, spread out evenly and place in the middle of the oven. I use my nose to decide when something is done baking. I set my timer for 15 minutes but let it bake a little longer, until I was able to put a knife in the middle and pull it out clean.
Everyone's ovens are different but I'd say roughly 15 minutes for these.

So tasty!


These won't taste like Duncan Hines but they will satisfy your sweet, "I need a brownie now," tooth.
For best results, eat cold. Like out of the fridge cold. So good!

A Few Tidbits::
*Cacao powder vs cocoa powder. Cacao powder is much less processed than traditional cocoa powder and is the purest form of chocolate you can have. It's high in antioxidants so I feel like I'm doing something good when I'm enjoying it in mass quantities.

Casein protein is a slower digesting protein that lends itself to experimental baking. Unlike whey protein, casein's consistency doesn't change much when baked. It is however, much thicker than whey so you may need to add liquid to your batter if you're having trouble combining everything.
I haven't tried non-animal protein with this recipe.

Thank you to Big Man's World for this delicious recipe!

Enjoy! xo





No comments:

Post a Comment