Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Sneaky Snacks



While I don’t eliminate any specific foods from my diet, there are some I certainly limit.
Sugar is in everything. EVERYTHING. I try to limit how much sugar I intake by avoiding some items pictured above.
  • Fruit juice. And not just good ole’ fashioned O.J. ANY juice without the the actual fruit or pulp is more or less just sugar water.
  • Flavored yogurt. Don’t get me wrong, those Chobani flips are delish but with the sugar content as high as it is in flavored yogurt, it negates any good you’re trying to do by having yogurt.
  • Granola bars. SO GOOD! So bad. They’re cookies in the disguise of health and whole grains. Make your own, there are a ton of recipes, or avoid all together.
  • Pretzels. Sugar isn’t so much the issue here as is lack of anything nutritious. Sure they’re low-fat but so is bread. Delicious yet deceiving! I still eat them, I’m human, but I eat them in small, delightful portions when I do.
  • Veggie Chips. I know, my heart is broken too. Turns out these are not a health food. Who knew? Most vegetable chips are a variety of fried and salted versions of potato starch.
And when you fry and salt anything, it negates its nutritional value. Day ruined.
Enjoy what you want but be aware of what you’re enjoying and how much. Summer is a comin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment