Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Breakfast Cookies!

Cookies for Breakfast!

This was a pantry clean out experiment that worked out nicely.  They taste better than they look, I promise.

I needed to condense the contents of my overflowing pantry and decided using up some assorted nuts, oats and chia seeds was a good start.  I always have nuts on hand. Cashew, Almonds, Walnuts - I have them all.

They provide protein and healthy fat that keeps me full & happy. Who doesn't want to be happy at breakfast. Right?

  • 2 mashed bananas 
  • 2c gluten free oats (I Like Bob's Red Mill)
  • 1/4c coconut flour
  • 2 Tbs almond milk 
  • 4 dates (soaked over night)
  • 1/2 c walnuts
  • roughly 2Tbs liquid egg whites
  • chia seeds, shredded coconut flakes, dried cranberries (as many or few as you like)

Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 a 10 min or until the edges brown.

I made a little dent while they were warm for some leftover jelly that needed a home.  I was inspired  by a recipe I saw but I would only recommend that if you're eating them right away, otherwise they got a little soggy. Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment