Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Savory breakfast Egg "Crepe"

While I don't discriminate against any one meal, breakfast is actually my least favorite. I think it's because I make my breakfast to go and eat at my desk at work.

It kind of takes the joy out of a meal that's best eaten in pajamas.

Yogurt and oatmeal are easy go-to's, but I've been trying to evenly distribute my carb intake lately so I turned to eggs.

I'm not a huge fan of eggs and I like them less and less as I get older. Trying to get creative with them has NOT been easy. However, my latest concoction  has me actually looking forward to breakfast.


One whole egg
One egg white
Salt and pepper to taste
Cheese of choice (I like feta)
Favorite egg toppings. Ex; Onions, peppers, salsa, beans, ham etc.

Use a large frying pan, one you'd typically use for larger meals. Get the pan hot before adding the eggs. I turn my range on high for 2 minutes to get the pan hot, then knock the temp down before I pour in the eggs.

In a bowl, scramble the eggs and seasonings.  Spray with a non-stick spray, pour eggs into pan and evenly coat the entire surface with the scrambled eggs.

Let the edges get solid before attempting to flip what will now look like a large egg crepe.
Take your time! Once flipped, turn down the heat to low and add your favorite mix-ins.

I chose feta cheese, some lettuce and a few sliced Greek olives, then rolled it up. You can roll it or fold it, whichever you prefer.
I topped this off with a slice of toast (Gluten Free) and some coconut oil. 
It makes waking up before the sun almost worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment