Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Protein Doughnuts. Boyfriend approved!


These are way too easy to eat :)
Weekends are for relaxing, catching up with friends, watching bad made for TV movies (does anyone else still do that, or is it a Netflix world now?)
Weekends are also time for experimenting in the kitchen. Should things go bad, you can easily recover with a do-over or your seamless account. 

A few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to make protein doughnuts for my boyfriend and I. He was supportive of my decision even though I had tried to make lemon ricotta pancakes once and the result was not so edible. He still ate them. He's a good man.

These however were much more palatable especially when you add sprinkles or fresh blueberries. I decided to split the batter and add one of each. I'm a genius.  
 
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of flour (I used Bobs Red Mill GF)
  • 1 & 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/4 cup of all natural nut butter
  • 1/4 cup of almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp of baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  • tsp of vanilla extract

     Add - ins like;
  • Sprinkles
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Nuts
  • Chocolate Chips

Get creative and go crazy with yourself. I sprayed a non-stick doughnut pan because I never trust non-stick.

I placed these in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Watch them to see when they start to brown on top. I got into the CBS Sunday Morning and forgot my second batch. They were still good but a little over done.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment